BROADCAST ENTRY GUIDELINES
2016-2017 SATW Foundation Lowell Thomas Travel Journalism Competition
We have two broadcast categories:
- Category 121 is for consumer-oriented audio, including traditional/satellite radio, podcast, webcast, audio guide.
- Category 122 is for consumer-oriented, live-action video, including network/cable TV, online videocasts, travelogs, Internet channels.
For both categories, work may be a regularly occurring feature or a single topic. Work done by contract for commercial promotion is not eligible.
Broadcast entrants should follow the basic electronic entry instructions given in Detailed Instructions on this website.
- On the entry form, provide a URL link to work if possible. Online content should be accessible until late October 2017 and preferably not password-protected; if so, provide access code/password in the Comments box.
- Do not upload really large files. Use a hosting site and provide the URL in designated field. For audio, possible hosting websites to upload content for a link include Kiwi6.com and Tindeck.com.
- For video, possible hosting websites for content include YouTube.com, Vimeo.com and Dropbox.com.
- If providing a link is problematic, you may mail a CD for audio and DVD for video. Mail-in entrants should complete content fields, print and attach the entry label to the disk. Note: Please print address as it’s shown below.
Mary Lu Abbott
110 N. Milam St., PMB #135
Fredericksburg, TX 78624
As you’re preparing entries, you also can see Mailing Information in Instructions at our website and in Instructions at the contest website under Contest Information tab.
If you have other questions, email Mary Lu Abbott at MaryLuA@satwf.com.
CLICK HERE TO RETURN TO 2017 CONTEST INFORMATION