BROADCAST ENTRY GUIDELINES
2019 - 2020 SATW Foundation Lowell Thomas Travel Journalism Competition
Broadcast entries can be made as follows:
- Category 121a and Category 121b are for consumer-oriented travel audio. Category 121a is for work on commercial and public radio. 121b is for travel podcasts and audio guides, commonly independent productions by individuals. Enter the applicable category.
- Category 122 is for consumer-oriented, live-action video, including network/cable TV, online videocasts, travelogs, Internet channels.
- As well, you can enter audio and video as part of Category 101 Grand Award, Category 107 Special Packages/Projects and the new Category 124 Multimedia Single Work. Newspaper and Magazine entrants can include audio and video as part of their entries in Category 102 Newspaper Travel Coverage, 103a Travel Magazines and 103b Travel Coverage in Other Magazines.
An entry should be a single work, either a stand-alone piece or one selection from a regularly occurring feature. A short series is eligible if a continuing story. Work done by contract for commercial promotion is not eligible.
Broadcast entrants should follow the basic electronic entry instructions given in Detailed Instructions on this website.
- On the entry form, provide a URL link to work at a hosting website.
- Online content should be accessible through the fall and preferably not password-protected; if so, provide access code/password in the Comments box.
If you have other questions, email Mary Lu Abbott at MaryLuA@satwf.com.
RETURN TO THE INSTRUCTIONS PAGE FOR SUBMITTING ENTRIES DETAILS