2019 - 2020 SATW Foundation Lowell Thomas Travel Journalism Competition
You must use Open Call Login at the BetterBNC site. Do not use Contestant Login or Authorized Entrant — those are for media entrants. (Yes, it’s confusing.) If you land on a page with Contestant Manager and Authorized Entrant tabs, look for Open Call Login in small type under the Password field.
Note to all entrants: Because of the current Coronavirus situation, we have extended the deadline to April 10 to facilitate entries. If you’re in a situation needing the extra time, please send a message to Mary Lu Abbott, at MaryLuA@satwf.com. We will work with you to assure you can enter this year.
A. Past Entrants
, click Open Call Login at top of the page. Enter the email address and password you used last year. After sign in, hover on Open Call Contestant at top for drop-down menu and click My Account. Update your information with social media handles. This allows us to let you know if you’re a winner and to help promote your award.
In drop-down menu, click on My Contests and click on the 2019-20 SATW Foundation Lowell Thomas Travel Journalism Competition. Or find it in the menu of contests, check the box, then click. Now you should be on your Welcome/Manage Entries page. The Contest Info tab at the top has a drop-down menu with details about our contest.
B. Newcomer Independent Journalists
- At www.betterbnc.com, click Open Call Login and click Create Your Open Call Account. Fill out the form. Follow screen instructions. The system now will send an email to your address with a validation link. You must click that link to complete the registration. If you do not get/see a validation email, check your Spam folder and be sure you allow firstname.lastname@example.org as a sender. If the validation does not work, click Help & Support at top of BetterBNC page. Check applicable information links there or click Start Trouble Ticket at top of that page.
- Once validated, log in to your account. Fill in the information fields.
- Click on My Contests and scroll through the list (use scroll-down bar at right side of the box to see all contests). Click the box for our contest.
- In the pop-up window, click OK to request approval to enter. We approve as quickly as possible, within 24 hours. You will get an email saying you’re approved, but you may start compiling entries before this approval if desired. Under the Open Call Contestant tab at top of the page, see My Scrapbooks. Click on Create/Manage Scrapbooks and then Create/Save Entries to store work you’re considering entering.
- After your account is active, when you return to the website, click on Open Call Login at top of page. This should take you to your Welcome/Manage Entries page. Go to the Contest Info tab at top, which has a drop-down menu of details about our contest. The Open Call Contestant tab at top has a drop-down menu, which includes the logout.