BROADCAST ENTRY GUIDELINES
2020-21 SATW Foundation Lowell Thomas Travel Journalism Competition
Broadcast entries can be made as follows:
- Category 122a and Category 122b are for consumer-oriented travel audio. Category 122a is for work on commercial and public radio. 122b is for travel podcasts and audio guides, commonly independent productions by individuals. Enter the applicable category.
- Category 123 is for consumer-oriented, live-action video, including network/cable TV, online videocasts, travelogs, Internet channels.
- As well, you can enter audio and video as part of Category 101 Grand Award, Category 108 Special Packages/Series and Category 125 Multimedia Single Work.
An entry should be a single work, either a stand-alone piece or one selection from a regularly occurring feature. A short series is eligible if a continuing story. Work done by contract for commercial promotion is not eligible.
Broadcast entrants should follow the basic electronic entry instructions given in Detailed Instructions on this website.
- On the entry form, provide a URL link to work at a hosting website.
- Online content should be accessible through the fall and preferably not password-protected; if so, provide access code/password in the Comments box.
If you have other questions, email Mary Lu Abbott at MaryLuA@satwf.com.
CLICK HERE TO RETURN TO 2020 - 2021 CONTEST INFORMATION